Kellogg Institute - Suggested Funding Sources
Scholarships and Grants
- CRLA Professional Development Scholarship ($1000): Deadline has passed for 2017
- Access application information at www.crla.net homepage » awards » scholarships
- Kellogg Institute-NADE scholarship ($500 + 500): Deadline has passed for 2017
- Access appliction information at www.nade.net homepage » awards » list of awards, scholarships, grants » Kellogg Institute.
- McGraw-Hill Developmental English/Reading Scholarship: Deadline has passed for 2017.
- One $3,850 award will be given for Kellogg 2017. Visit McGraw-Hill Scholarship page (pdf) for information and link to application cover sheet (pdf).
- NCLCA Professional Development Grant ($250-$1000): Deadline tbd
- Contact: Access application information at www.nclca.org homepage » grants » Brenda Pfaehlen » Professional Development Grant
Specific State Awards
For information, contact state chapter president
- Alabama Association for Developmental Education - ALADE ($300) Visit: http://www.aladenet.org/uploads/3/2/3/8/3238519/alade_awards_info_-_kellogg_institute_scholarship.pdf
- Arkansas Association for Developmental Education - ARKADE ($250) Visit: https://sites.google.com/site/arkadesite/home/kellogg
- Developmental Education Association of Maryland -DEAM ($1910) (Only DEAM members may apply) Deadline is April 1, 2017.
- NYCLSA Professional Development Award- ($500)- Deadline has passed for 2017
- North Carolina Association for Developmental Education - NCADE ($750) - Deadline is May 1, 2017.
- Also, Tier A Staff Development monies for Community College personnel (ask in the fall and spring)
- Texas Association for Developmental Education - TADE (up to $500)
- West Virginia Higher Education Office (basic tuition grant)
- Deans' (academic/student support) discretionary funds
- President's discretionary funds
- Professional development resources
- Designated Fellowships
- Summer Professional Grants
- Professional development stipends
- General Grants (monies not spent by ending date)
- Institutional Grants which could relate to the various seminar topics
(Assessment, Teaching/Learning, Student Support, Evaluation and Outcomes Assessment)
- Departmental monies for faculty/staff
- State Higher Education Coordinating Boards
- Other local foundations
Please search http://fdncenter.org/ for foundations which grant monies for professional development
For assistance: A suggested rationale for funding could read:
"The practicum will impact the institution through: (i.e. improved retention methods, the development of a program evaluation model, increased knowledge of assessment and placement, improved tutor training techniques, the implementation of Supplemental Instruction, etc.)"
A justification would indicate that the expenses for attending the Kellogg Institute would be more economical than a conference because of the extensive amount of content covered, graduate credit may be awarded, an applied practicum project is developed to benefit the participant's institution, research and publication is encouraged, and a comprehensive network of developmental education professionals is developed. Funds from either fiscal year can be used.